The Palomar knot is one of the strongest and most reliable fishing knots, plus it’s easy to tie and performs well with most line types. Professional bass angler Bob Downy uses the Palomar knot almost exclusively with fluorocarbon fishing line but stresses the need to tie it correctly to avoid failure. Downy walks through the correct procedures for securing baits directly to fluorocarbon with an emphasis on:
1) Avoiding crossing the line. Fluorocarbon line that is crossed is apt to cut into itself on the hookset. Downy demonstrates how to prevent this.
2) Don’t burn the line. Without proper lubrication, the tightening of a fluorocarbon knot subjects the line to friction which produces heat and weakens the line. Downy shares his method for ensuring maximum line lubrication and how to snug the knot tight without weakening the mainline.
• VMC Ringed Wide Gap Hook, 4/0: https://wired2.fish/VMC-RingedHD-WideGapHook
• Sufix Advance Fluorocarbon, 17lb: https://wired2.fish/SufixAdvanceFluoro
• Rapala Trucker Cap Left Logo, color – Heather Grey Black: https://wired2.fish/TruckerCap
• Rapala Core Long Sleeve Shirt: https://wired2.fish/RapalaCoreLongSleeve
Wired2fish is one of the most popular recreational fishing brands in the world. We have an extensive library of freshwater fishing tips, fun fishing videos, fishing tackle reviews and a lot more. We post some of the coolest fishing pictures and videos on our social channels. If you love fishing and are wired2fish like we are, we’d love to have you be a part of our community! #bassfishing #wired2fish #fishing
SUBSCRIBE for more awesome fishing tips! ►► https://goo.gl/44UcI6
• Come Fishing with Us! ►► https://goo.gl/ofGwBq
• Our Most Popular Fishing Tips! ►► https://goo.gl/A0MvJb
• Bass Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/bnPXPv
• Crappie and Panfish Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/u3KlQ4
• All our Playlists! ►► https://goo.gl/A7HEkY
• Wear Your Love of Fishing with Pride! ►► https://goo.gl/rlglKF
FOLLOW US HERE AS WELL