ChatterBaits are one of the best lures for covering water and locating bass but it’s a mistake to just cast and reel ’em in on a straight retrieve. Wired2Fish contributor Ricky Teschendorf shares his top 2 ChatterBait trailer styles and fishing methods for different situations.
-Z-Man Evergreen Chatterbait Jack Hammer: https://wired2.fish/ChatterBaitJackHammer
-13 Fishing The Jerk (subtle trailer): https://wired2.fish/13-TheJerk
-13 Fishing Ninja Tail Ninja Craw (aggressive trailer): https://wired2.fish/NinjaTailCraw
-13 Fishing Envy Black 2 “Chatter Crank” Casting Rod, 7’4″ MH/Mod: https://wired2.fish/13FishingEnvy2CastingRod
-13 Fishing Envy Black 2 Crankbait Casting Rod, 7’11: https://wired2.fish/13Fishing-CrankingRod
-13 Fishing Inception Sport Z, 7.3:1 (Replaces Concept Z): https://wired2.fish/13FishingSportZ
-Sufix Advance Fluorocarbon, 17lb: https://wired2.fish/SufixAdvanceFluoro
How you fish a ChatterBait and the trailer you choose are essential considerations:
1) When to fish ChatterBaits subtle and with streamlined trailers. When targeting bass keying in baitfish, fishing deeper, or dealing with more tentative fish, Teschendorf opts for streamlined trailers that let the blade deliver the action. Slender trailers have a baitfish profile and less water resistance, allowing you to fish the bait deeper. The reduced overall bait size and action can also draw bites from negative or spooky bass.
2. When to fish ChatterBaits like a jig (aggressively) with bulky trailers. You always want to experiment with fishing a ChatterBait like a traditional skirted jig. Hop it, rip it, snap it — rarely should you just reel it in. An erratic retrieve paired with a bulkier trailer is geared toward triggering reaction strikes and shouldn’t be overlooked.
The bottom line, you need to experiment with retrieves and trailers that vary from subtle and refined to in-your-face. The bass will tell you what they want for the given day.
Wired2fish is one of the most popular recreational fishing brands in the world. We have an extensive library of freshwater fishing tips, fun fishing videos, fishing tackle reviews and a lot more. We post some of the coolest fishing pictures and videos on our social channels. If you love fishing and are wired2fish like we are, we’d love to have you be a part of our community! #bassfishing #wired2fish #fishing
SUBSCRIBE for more awesome fishing tips! ►► https://goo.gl/44UcI6
• Come Fishing with Us! ►► https://goo.gl/ofGwBq
• Our Most Popular Fishing Tips! ►► https://goo.gl/A0MvJb
• Bass Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/bnPXPv
• Crappie and Panfish Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/u3KlQ4
• All our Playlists! ►► https://goo.gl/A7HEkY
• Wear Your Love of Fishing with Pride! ►► https://goo.gl/rlglKF
FOLLOW US HERE AS WELL