Bass fishing during the shad and herring spawn can lead to fast and furious fishing, but the question arises, “what baits should I have tied on?” Lake Lanier bass guide Rob Jordan keeps lure selection simple and shares his top 3 moving baits, which consist of a walking topwater bait, spinnerbait, and small paddle tail swimbait.
-Lucky Craft Sammy Wood 100: https://wired2.fish/SammyWood100
-Z-Man Sling BladeZ Power Finesse Spinnerbait, Colorado/Willow: https://wired2.fish/Z-ManSlingBladeZ-WilCo
-Z-Man DieZel MinnowZ: https://wired2.fish/DieZelMinnowZ
-Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod: https://wired2.fish/DaiwaTatulaEliteCastingRod
-Daiwa Tatula SV Casting Reel: https://wired2.fish/TatulaSVTWSCastingReel
-Daiwa Tatula Elite Spinning Rod: https://wired2.fish/TatulaEliteSpinRod
-Daiwa Tatula LT Spinning Reel: https://wired2.fish/DaiwaTatulaLT-SpinningReel
-Seaguar Smackdown Braid, Stealth Gray: https://wired2.fish/SmackdownStealthGray
-Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon: https://wired2.fish/SeaguarTatsuFluoro
-Costa Del Mar Tuna Alley: https://wired2.fish/CostaTunaAlley
Jordan’s shad spawn program follows this basic strategy:
1) Topwater baits. Topwater lures excel in the morning or whenever bass are busting baitfish on the surface. Jordan favors walking baits, especially on herring lakes, but will often reach for a buzzbait in shallow water situations.
2) Spinnerbaits. According to Jordan, you always need to try a spinnerbait, as it effectively mimics a ball of fleeing shad. The essential tip here is to match blade size to that of the shad or herring you’re fishing around and fish it fast to trigger strikes.
3) Swimbaits. Small swimbaits in the 3-inch range excel in clear water conditions (calm and sunny), basically whenever conditions turn tough and bass are responding to faster-moving power presentations.
Follow these tips to simplify your tackle selection and improve your success during the spring shad spawn.
Wired2fish is one of the most popular recreational fishing brands in the world. We have an extensive library of freshwater fishing tips, fun fishing videos, fishing tackle reviews and a lot more. We post some of the coolest fishing pictures and videos on our social channels. If you love fishing and are wired2fish like we are, we’d love to have you be a part of our community! #bassfishing #wired2fish #fishing
SUBSCRIBE for more awesome fishing tips! ►► https://goo.gl/44UcI6
• Come Fishing with Us! ►► https://goo.gl/ofGwBq
• Our Most Popular Fishing Tips! ►► https://goo.gl/A0MvJb
• Bass Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/bnPXPv
• Crappie and Panfish Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/u3KlQ4
• All our Playlists! ►► https://goo.gl/A7HEkY
• Wear Your Love of Fishing with Pride! ►► https://goo.gl/rlglKF
FOLLOW US HERE AS WELL