The two primary hook options for Texas rig drop shotting bass are offset or straight shank hooks. Both hook styles are effective but bass pro Jacob Wheeler presents some compelling reasons why he chooses a straight shank whenever he can get away with it.
Wheeler’s primary reasons relate to enhanced lure action, straighter rigging for a more natural look, and superior hooking percentages; finesse-style straight shank hooks deliver all of these attributes so long as they’re properly tied up. Jacob discusses each in detail, which makes us take a critical look at our hook choice when Texas rigging is the best drop shot rigging method for the conditions.
Wired2fish is one of the most popular recreational fishing brands in the world. We have an extensive library of freshwater fishing tips, fun fishing videos, fishing tackle reviews and a lot more. We post some of the coolest fishing pictures and videos on our social channels. If you love fishing and are wired2fish like we are, we’d love to have you be a part of our community! #bassfishing #wired2fish #fishing
SUBSCRIBE for more awesome fishing tips! ►► https://goo.gl/44UcI6
• Come Fishing with Us! ►► https://goo.gl/ofGwBq
• Our Most Popular Fishing Tips! ►► https://goo.gl/A0MvJb
• Bass Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/bnPXPv
• Crappie and Panfish Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/u3KlQ4
• All our Playlists! ►► https://goo.gl/A7HEkY
• Wear Your Love of Fishing with Pride! ►► https://goo.gl/rlglKF
FOLLOW US HERE AS WELL