After 3 years of use Luke is updating his review of the Helikon-Tex Numbat Chest Rig; find out in this episode why he feels it’s one of the best outdoor products he has ever used.
Merch Store :
Want to support TOGR, buy a shirt, hoodie, hat, etc.
Merch Store : https://the-outdoor-gear-review.myspreadshop.com/
Want to send something to TOGR?
TOGR – PO Box 111
7378 Old US 421 S
Deep Gap, NC 28618
Note : I Don’t Live Here 😀
Helikon-Tex Numbat : https://amzn.to/3izqaMA
Additional Links :
Camera Gear :
– Sony A7IV : https://amzn.to/3vWtLHR
– Sony 20mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3AcFq80
– Sony 35mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3BFs8iZ
– SIRUI Carbon Fiber Travel 5C Tripod : https://amzn.to/3BEahZX
– Batteries : https://amzn.to/3geFtG5
– Rode VideoMic Pro Plus Mic : https://amzn.to/3iZMqMO
– Fjällräven Vidda Pro Ventilated Pants : https://amzn.to/3ytuwYw
– Old Navy Shirt : oldnavy.com
– Vasque Juxt Multi-Sport Shoes : https://amzn.to/3DbNTK9
– Darn Tough Socks : https://amzn.to/3mx20A5
– Arcteryx Conveyor Belt : https://amzn.to/3QSnzsi
– Patagonia Men’s Micro D Full Zip Sweater : https://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-micro-d-fleece-jacket/26171.html
– Smartwool Merino Wool Hat : : https://amzn.to/3feJv0Y
– IO Merino Wool Mask : No Longer Available
– Knit Gloves Base :
– Permethrin for Clothing and Gear : https://amzn.to/37V3FvQ
– Kershaw Cryo II Folding Knife : https://amzn.to/2Sej6aD
– Garmin Instinct Solar GPS Watch : https://amzn.to/3GvkPMC
– Oakley Sunglasses : https://amzn.to/2WcOGYm
If you purchase anything from the links above, you will be supporting the channel through a small commission on Amazon. Thank you for the support and remember, TOGR is 100% Agenda Free.
Price : Retail price is $65 – which is $10 more expensive than it was 3 years ago. These go for $77 on Amazon. You may find a seller who is trying to rip people off on these too, for an example, there is one seller trying to unload these for $120 which is crazy high. Don’t get ripped off.
Weight : 17.28oz
7.68 X 11 X 2.36 in
Colors : 9 Color Options – This is the Shadow Gray version – there are green variations , red, camo, black and so on.
Materials : 500D Cordura – YKK zippers
Review Pros :
Excellent quality – top notch materials
Excellent zipper pulls
The chest rig is very adaptable – lots of pockets and is user adjustable
Wearing : Some people like to carry the Numbat higher up on the chest, I find that I prefer it a little lower – about mid-Chest level as I’m able to vent heat from the upper chest – This helps with staying a bit cooler in warm conditions.
Can be used easily with backpacks and doesn’t interfere with the way that the pack carries and I have tested this out with dozens of different packs.
Easy to use, easy to open and easy to access
Easy to put on and take off – TIP : undo one buckle and throw it over your shoulder and then buckle it in. I’ve seen people try to put it on in other ways – do it any other way and it can be awkward.
Capacity is very good – Can hold a lot – Great size, not too bulky.
Two front stretchy pockets
Speaking of which, the Numbat offers Excellent water resistance.
Excellent solution for Concealed Carry
You can easily attach to the pack and even to the straps – you have MOLLE on the front cent and bottom – I’ll admit that I have never felt the need to do that.
Because the pack is thin, it can be worn under a jacket if that is what you want to do. I don’t wear it that way myself but I know some who do.
Opens in the form of a tray
The main compartment has a velcro loop back panel to attach your own pouches or dividers
Shock cord on the bottom so you can attach addition items such as a rolled up poncho – you may not use this feature often, I haven’t but it’s nice to have that attachment point.
Strap keepers on all for points.
Buckles at each corner so you can easily put it on or take it off no matter what your dominant side is
This is my only Real Con – Sweat
Smaller Con 1 – Laser Cut Molle
Smaller Con 2 – Can take some work to adjust to go over larger jackets/layers
Smaller Con 3 – Map Sleeve
Small Con 4 – Not the best for running
Small Con 4 – The straps are not the longest
100% Agenda Free :
This channel is Agenda Free and is fully supported by the viewers.
Support TOGR through Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/TOGR
Support TOGR through YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmbA7yNOl7aTj_ffkaWWag/join
Web Site : http://www.theoutdoorgearreview.com
Come Join Us on Facebook, Twitter Instagram :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Outdoor-Gear-Review/281509538652229
Twitter : https://twitter.com/OutdoorGearRev
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/theoutdoorgearreview/
Vero : https://vero.co/theoutdoorgearreview