The ChatterBait Jack Hammer bladed jig has established itself as one of the best bass fishing lures due to its ability to trigger bass throughout the country and in most environments. While most often fished in shallow water, 3/4- and 1-1/4 ounce versions allow the Jack Hammer to excel in water as deep as 30 feet. Wired2Fish caught up with ChatterBait expert, Brett Hite, for a detailed tutorial on how to fish heavy ChatterBaits in offshore environments for big bass relating to flats, ledges and even deep grass.
• Z-Man Evergreen ChatteraBait Jack Hammer, 3/4- to 1-1/4 ounce: https://wired2.fish/ChatterBaitJackHammer
• Gary Yamamoto Zako Swimbait: https://wired2.fish/ZakoSwimbait
• Gary Yamamoto Kickin Zako Swimbait: https://wired2.fish/YamamotoKickinZako
Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Reel: https://wired2.fish/Daiwa-TatulaElite-CastingReel
• Evergreen Combat Stick Casting Rod, 7’3″ Heavy Glass: https://wired2.fish/EvergreenCombatStickCastingRod
Delivering the seductive sound, vibration and profile of the Jack Hammer affixed with a Yamamoto Zako in deeper water is a new look for bass conditioned to traditioned offshore lures like crankbaits, swimbaits, spoons, drop shot and Neko rigs. As Hite notes, the heavy bladed jig stays glued to the bottom throughout the cast, whereas crankbaits readily lose bottom contact. The single upturned hook stays sharp and delivers excellent hooking and retention and fishes relatively clean through grass.
Hite discusses the importance of trailer selection, opting for ones in the 4-inch range. He alternates between straight forked-tail trailers for profile and subtle action and paddle tail swimbaits when bass want more action. Lastly, Hite shares his preferred rod, reel and line setup for fishing bladed jigs with maximum efficiency. *A shout out to Lake Baccarac Lodge (https://wired2.fish/BaccaracLodge) for the incredible fishing, accommodations, and hospitality.
Wired2fish is one of the most popular recreational fishing brands in the world. We have an extensive library of freshwater fishing tips, fun fishing videos, fishing tackle reviews and a lot more. We post some of the coolest fishing pictures and videos on our social channels. If you love fishing and are wired2fish like we are, we’d love to have you be a part of our community! #bassfishing #wired2fish #fishing
SUBSCRIBE for more awesome fishing tips! ►► https://goo.gl/44UcI6
• Come Fishing with Us! ►► https://goo.gl/ofGwBq
• Our Most Popular Fishing Tips! ►► https://goo.gl/A0MvJb
• Bass Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/bnPXPv
• Crappie and Panfish Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/u3KlQ4
• All our Playlists! ►► https://goo.gl/A7HEkY
• Wear Your Love of Fishing with Pride! ►► https://goo.gl/rlglKF
FOLLOW US HERE AS WELL