Outer weedlines are high-percentage areas to find and catch summer bass on grass lakes throughout the country. While Texas rigs and jigs are top choices, grass edges often extend miles, making locating bass a timely and laborious process. Wired2Fish contributor Dan Quinn explains the power of using moving baits, and weedless swimbaits, in particular, to comb grasslines in search of active summer bass.
• VMC Heavy Duty Weighted Willow Swimbait Hook, 5/0: https://wired2.fish/VMC-WeedlessSwimbaitHook
• Storm 360 Coastal GT Largo Shad, 4-inch (1/4-ounce): https://wired2.fish/LargoShad
• Sufix Advance Fluorocarbon, 17lb: https://wired2.fish/AdvanceFluorocarbon
• Halo Black Widow Casting Rod, 7’6″ Med Hvy: https://wired2.fish/HaloBlackWidowSeriesCastingRod
• Shimano Chronarch 150G, 8.1:1: https://wired2.fish/Chronarch150G
Quinn uses side imaging to find the best-looking grass edges, then makes long parallel casts with paddletail swimbaits paired on bladed weedless swimbait hooks. The blade adds additional flash and vibration — a big plus on waters with flashy baitfish and in wind conditions. Focus your efforts on the windblown side of the lake first, as current and surface commotion usually increases bass activity.
Like a spinnerbait or ChatterBait, Quinn stresses the need to give bass extra time to eat the bait. He walks through the delayed hook setting process and shares his preferred rod, reel, and line for hooking and landing bass in this cover-rich environment.
• Minn Kota Ultrex Trolling Motor: https://wired2.fish/UltrexTrollingMotor
• Ranger Boats Z520C Comanche: https://wired2.fish/Ranger-Z520C-Comanche
• Lowrance HDS-12 LIVE with Active Imaging 3-in-1 (The Bass Tank): https://wired2.fish/Lowrance-HD-12-LIVE
• Mercury 250hp Pro XS FourStroke: https://wired2.fish/MercuryProXS
• Power-Pole Blade: https://wired2.fish/Power-Pole-Blade
• Rapala® Red, White & Blue Trucker Cap — supports Disabled American Veterans (DAV) service organization: https://wired2.fish/RapalaTruckerCap-DAV
• Rapala Fleece Pullover Hooded Sweatshirt: https://wired2.fish/RapalaFleeceHoodie
Wired2fish is one of the most popular recreational fishing brands in the world. We have an extensive library of freshwater fishing tips, fun fishing videos, fishing tackle reviews and a lot more. We post some of the coolest fishing pictures and videos on our social channels. If you love fishing and are wired2fish like we are, we’d love to have you be a part of our community! #bassfishing #wired2fish #fishing
SUBSCRIBE for more awesome fishing tips! ►► https://goo.gl/44UcI6
• Come Fishing with Us! ►► https://goo.gl/ofGwBq
• Our Most Popular Fishing Tips! ►► https://goo.gl/A0MvJb
• Bass Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/bnPXPv
• Crappie and Panfish Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/u3KlQ4
• All our Playlists! ►► https://goo.gl/A7HEkY
• Wear Your Love of Fishing with Pride! ►► https://goo.gl/rlglKF
FOLLOW US HERE AS WELL