Take heed when Seth Feider starts dropping knowledge about bass fishing submerged grass (https://wired2.fish/FeiderGrassMastery). Feider has cut his teeth chasing largemouth bass in fertile fields of submerged grass beds of milfoil, hydrilla and coontail with the simple goal of quickly locating fish then milking the school before moving on. He shares his 5 core rod and bait setups for accomplishing this goal with several additional nuggets relating to rod and reel selection, line choice and bait colors. *Product listing below.
1. Texas rig. The first rod Feider grabs, a Texas rig excels as a search bait thanks to how cleanly it comes through cover. Feider prefers ringed EWG hooks over regular EWG and straight-shank hooks — they allow for more range of motion, keep the bait straight on the fall, and deliver exceptional hookup and retention properties.
2. Compact tungsten jig. After catching a few bass on a Texas rig, Feider often pitches back with a compact tungsten jig. Jigs present bass with a bulkier profile, which often triggers bigger bass. The compact nature of a tungsten jig is an ideal blend of smaller size and big profile — this blend can generate a lot of bites and big fish.
3. Heavy flipping jig. Bass in the fall months love big jigs. Feider reaches for beefy 3/4-ounce flipping jigs when targeting fall bass. He adjusts his equipment to a 7’6” heavy power rod spooled with straight braid to drive big hooks home.
4. Pitching plastic on a Tokyo Rig Heavy Duty Wide Gap hook. A Tokyo-rigged plastic drops vertically through cover with ease while delivering a unique action on the bottom. It’s a great option for targeting pressured bass conditioned to an onslaught of Texas rigs and jigs. Feider uses lighter tungsten with a Tokyo Rig and shakes it on the bottom (like a drop shot) instead of hopping it. He also prefers using flatter beaver-style baits to maintain a horizontal position (increased water resistance).
5. Wacky-rigged worm on a Tokyo Rig Worm hook. Feider pitches a wacky-rigged stickbait on a Tokyo Rig round bend worm hook to mop up any remaining bites. In this scenario, he scales his leader material down to 14-pound test for refinement, which also has the strength to handle fish in cover.
• VMC Ringed HD Wide Gap Hook: https://wired2.fish/VMC-RingedHD-WideGapHook
• WOO! Tungsten Flipping Weights: https://wired2.fish/WOO-Tungsten-FlippinWeights
• Big Bite Baits Craw Tube: https://wired2.fish/BigBiteBaits-CrawTube
• VMC Sinker Stops: https://wired2.fish/VMC-SinkerStop
• OutKast Stealth Feider Jig: https://wired2.fish/OutkastStealthFeiderJig
• Strike King Rage Twin Tail Menace Grub: https://wired2.fish/StrikeKingMenaceGrub
• OutKast Tackle RTX Flipping Jig: https://wired2.fish/RTX-FlippinJig
• BioSpawn VileCraw: https://wired2.fish/BioSpawnVileCraw
• VMC Tokyo Rig: https://wired2.fish/TokyoRig
• VMC Tokyo Rig HD Worm: https://wired2.fish/TokyoHDWormRig
• BioSpawn ExoStick 5″: https://wired2.fish/BioSpawnExoStick
• Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Casting Rod 7′ Med-MH Ehrler: https://wired2.fish/DaiwaTatulaEliteAGSCasting
• Daiwa Tatula SV TWS Casting Reel, 8.1:1: https://wired2.fish/TatulaSVTWSCastingReel
• Sufix 832 Braided Line, 30lb: https://wired2.fish/Sufix832Braid
• Sufix Advance Fluorocarbon (for leader), 14-20lb: https://wired2.fish/AdvanceFluorocarbon
Wired2fish is one of the most popular recreational fishing brands in the world. We have an extensive library of freshwater fishing tips, fun fishing videos, fishing tackle reviews and a lot more. We post some of the coolest fishing pictures and videos on our social channels. If you love fishing and are wired2fish like we are, we’d love to have you be a part of our community! #bassfishing #wired2fish #fishing
SUBSCRIBE for more awesome fishing tips! ►► https://goo.gl/44UcI6
• Come Fishing with Us! ►► https://goo.gl/ofGwBq
• Our Most Popular Fishing Tips! ►► https://goo.gl/A0MvJb
• Bass Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/bnPXPv
• Crappie and Panfish Fishing Videos! ►► https://goo.gl/u3KlQ4
• All our Playlists! ►► https://goo.gl/A7HEkY
• Wear Your Love of Fishing with Pride! ►► https://goo.gl/rlglKF
FOLLOW US HERE AS WELL