In this episode, Luke is reviewing both models of the Tetra Tents from OneTigris.
Folks, these squared shaped tipi tents are amazing!
Merch Store :
Want to support TOGR, buy a shirt, hoodie, hat, etc.
Merch Store : https://the-outdoor-gear-review.myspreadshop.com/
Want to send something to TOGR?
TOGR – PO Box 111
7378 Old US 421 S
Deep Gap, NC 28618
Note : I Don’t Live Here 😀
Small Tetra 130 Link : https://amzn.to/3QF4N8Y
Larger Tetra 160 Link : https://amzn.to/3QE60gO
Green Elephant Poles : https://amzn.to/3ssRwnX
Additional Links :
Camera Gear :
– Sony A7IV : https://amzn.to/3vWtLHR
– Sony 20mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3AcFq80
– Sony 35mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3BFs8iZ
– SIRUI Carbon Fiber Travel 5C Tripod : https://amzn.to/3BEahZX
– Batteries : https://amzn.to/3geFtG5
– Rode VideoMic Pro Plus Mic : https://amzn.to/3iZMqMO
– Fjällräven Vidda Pro Ventilated Pants : https://amzn.to/3ytuwYw
– Old Navy Shirt : oldnavy.com
– Vasque Juxt Multi-Sport Shoes : https://amzn.to/3DbNTK9
– Darn Tough Socks : https://amzn.to/3mx20A5
– Arcteryx Conveyor Belt : https://amzn.to/3QSnzsi
– Patagonia Men’s Micro D Full Zip Sweater : https://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-micro-d-fleece-jacket/26171.html
– Helikon-Tex Windrunner Windshirt : https://amzn.to/3CaTJdE
– Smartwool Merino Wool Hat : : https://amzn.to/3feJv0Y
– IO Merino Wool Mask : No Longer Available
– Knit Gloves Base :
– Permethrin for Clothing and Gear : https://amzn.to/37V3FvQ
– Kershaw Cryo II Folding Knife : https://amzn.to/2Sej6aD
– Garmin Instinct Solar GPS Watch : https://amzn.to/3GvkPMC
– Oakley Sunglasses : https://amzn.to/2WcOGYm
If you purchase anything from the links above, you will be supporting the channel through a small commission on Amazon. Thank you for the support and remember, TOGR is 100% Agenda Free.
Which One To Choose? – OneTigris Tetra Tents Review
Versions : Larger version is called the 160 and the smaller version is called the 130.
The larger version includes a center pole, the smaller version doesn’t. The larger version features an integrated inner whereas the smaller doesn’t. The larger version has a snow skit which the smaller version doesn’t.
Color : Urban Gray
Materials : 20D Silicone and PU Coated Nylon
Waterproof rating : 3000mm
Small Tetra Packed : 15.7” x 5.9”
Large Tetra Packed : 17.3” x 6.3”
Small Tetra Setup : 4.3ft tall x 7.2ft deep x 7.5ft wide
Large Tetra Setup : 5ft 3” tall x 7.2ft deep x 7.8ft wide
Small Tetra : 2.4lbs
Large Tetra : 4lbs
Small Tetra : $130
Large Tetra : $180
Review Pros :
Since these tents are virtually the same, many of the pros apply to each model.
– Excellent quality for both tents
– Both are exceptionally easy to set up
– Price – for both tents, you are getting top notch materials, great designs and both are very fairly priced.
– Good amount of space with the larger tent offering even more.
Even the small tent is large enough to house a cot. The larger version is going to be a great option for taller individuals
– Excellent weights for both tents
– Small form factors for both
– Totally Waterproof
– Great Ventilation
– The porch is a great feature to this tent as it does offer some protection from wind and the elements such as rain.
Review Cons :
– Poor Quality Cords on the tent stakes.
– The large vent in the back of the tents isn’t sealable.
– Smaller Version : No pole is included
– Limited Use of the Porch
– With the larger tent, it’s only a 1 person, not 2.
– Bizarre guy line points – limits use of tent. OneTigris really needs to fix this with future versions of this tent – this is a big oversight.
Which would I select to purchase?
With the two Tetra tents, as you can see they are very close to being the same with the ultimate difference being the bug inner.
If I was to pick one of these tents, the larger version makes the most sense to me as it includes a pole, has the integrated bug inner and is slightly larger.
The bug inner is the most important aspect as it is going to allow the tent to be used year around.
To summarize, the Large Tetra tent is the best tent that I tested in 2022; it’s good, really good and has very few flaws. Speaking of the flaws and issues, I hope that OT can address them as these tents are close to being just about perfect.
100% Agenda Free :
This channel is Agenda Free and is fully supported by the viewers.
Support TOGR through Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/TOGR
Support TOGR through YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmbA7yNOl7aTj_ffkaWWag/join
Web Site : http://www.theoutdoorgearreview.com
Come Join Us on Facebook, Twitter Instagram :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Outdoor-Gear-Review/281509538652229
Twitter : https://twitter.com/OutdoorGearRev
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/theoutdoorgearreview/
Vero : https://vero.co/theoutdoorgearreview